Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential. The role:
We are currently expanding our service with the addition to a newly built 12 Bed Psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) opened in October 2017.
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Nurses (RMN / RNLD & RGN) to deliver first class care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues.
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
- Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and revalidation.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
- Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers
- Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least Monthly.
- Undertake the role of "Preceptor" to newly qualified staff.
- Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
- Adhere to Priory Group policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code.
- Qualified Registered Nurse (RMN, RGN, RNLD), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme.
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines, requests and professional practices.
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
- Career development opportunities with available exposure to other services lines within the Hospital
- Onsite highly subsidised restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- SMART Pension
- Online benefits and cash back rewards such as Cycle to work scheme
*terms and conditions apply
Priory Hospital Bristol offers calming and recovery focused inpatient treatment for up to 85 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress be
£14.50 - 14.50 per hour