Band 6 Senior Mental Health Practitioner (Home Treatment Teams)
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK’s most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to helping those with mental health & learning disability problems enjoy a better future?
- Would you like to do a job that makes a difference every day?
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, highly motivated Band 6 Senior Mental Health Practitioners to work within our Home Treatment Teams based across Devon.
The primary roles and purpose of the team is to provide home treatment, avoiding hospital admission where possible and if admission is indicated, we work with clients throughout this time and endeavour to facilitate early discharge. We are very proud of the service we provide and are committed to providing high quality care to clients and their carers/families.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£31,365 - £37,890 per annum pro rata (Band 6)
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, resilient and well organized individual. You will play an active role in maintaining and improving the quality of the service we deliver. We expect that you have excellent verbal and written skills.
You will often work under pressure and without direct supervision, so we are looking for someone confident and capable. You will prioritise tasks, and manage your own workload, providing support for your colleagues where required.
We are currently recruiting in:
East & Mid Devon
Torbay – Contact Niall Henderson 07971 326467 or email email@example.com
South Hams and West Devon – Contact Tony Ripping 07966 805662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE STATE IN THE FIRST LINE OF THE SUPPORTING INFORMATION ON YOUR APPLICATION THE AREA'S FOR WHICH YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED
We are a Home Treatment Team comprising of Clinical Team Manager, Senior Mental Health Practitioners, Support Workers, Consultant Psychiatrist and Business Support Administrators. We work with people experiencing severe mental illness who are in acute mental health crisis.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Great place to work. Great place to live. Relocation Package available
Closing date: 30/11/2020