Band 5 Primary Care Staff Nurse
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? At SITE We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Registered General Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as an RGN:
GBP25,714 - GBP31,612 per annum
Golden Hello of GBP1500* (GBP500 on starting; GBP1000 after 12 months)
Company pension scheme with employer contributions
G4S Life Assurance Scheme
G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
Refer A Friend Scheme
Love to Shop Campaigns
At HMP Northumberland, we are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed registered nurse. G4S nursing service supports the ANP/GP service and has a population of 1340 patients. Your role would include administering medication, working in primary care clinics and responding to healthcare emergencies around the prison. There is a Public Health programme which you will also participate in.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Shift pattern: Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Job Outline: Provide skilled clinical care and interventions to substance misusing patients to a high standard and in line with current national guidance and
- To be familiar with all aspects of security and safety, consistent with working within a custodial framework and ensure that positive and effective communication links exist between themselves, prison staff, community teams/services and any other agency in meeting the needs of this client group.
- To work clinically within all areas of the Healthcare treatment delivery system and to role model good practice to all Health Care Support Workers under their responsibility. This will include reception assessment, planning care and review, administration of medication, chronic disease management, triage, public health advice and discharge planning.
- To be aware of the psychosocial needs of patients, and act accordingly to safeguard the needs of the patient.
- To ensure the general health needs of the patients are met to the same standards of care available in the community. For example providing primary care interventions, generic health screening and so on, supporting the meeting of performance targets as per the business plan.
- To contribute to the teams understanding and implementation of clinical governance systems.
- In the absence of the senior nurse take charge of the department and ensure the smooth running day to day.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 1st level RN/RMN with current registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Evidence of a suitable level of clinical skills
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups, and/or interest in.
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
*Ts &Cs apply
25714.00 - 31612.00 GBP Annual