Band 5 General Nurse
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Foundation Trust
Band 5 Registered Nurse (UK Experience Required)
£18.01- £28.43 per hour
Flexible hours, with shifts available throughout the day, night and at weekends.
- Access to our Care Friends App - Awarded points; which lead to pounds for referring friends!
- Competitive pay rates
- First sight of agency nursing shifts across multiple trusts
- Next-day payroll
- Block bookings in your favourite locations
- Excellent support from your own dedicated consultant
- Revalidation support
- 24/7/365 service - we're available when you need us
We are looking for a diligent, knowledgeable Registered Nurse with relevant UK experience to come and join a team of healthcare professionals and specialists in Lewisham.
Working flexible shifts in hospitals, you will be providing constant monitoring and care for seriously ill patients across many different wards; emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery.
Working alongside a friendly, welcoming team of dedicated professionals, you will be utilising these resources to provide emergency treatment and ongoing medical care of the highest calibre to patients.
Culture and inclusion
As a valued nurse, your happiness is of the utmost importance.
Working calmly across various high-pressure environments, you will be drawing on your quick-thinking abilities as well as your clinical knowledge and understanding. With responsibility for writing care plans, performing assessments and making referrals, alongside your clinical care tasks, this role will continuously challenge you to develop and consolidate your skills.
Your clinical knowledge and experience will help you to support seriously ill patients and their families throughout what can be a stressful and uncertain time. You will be carrying out essential tasks such as taking blood and undertaking patient observations for post-surgery patients as well as emergency admissions and planned admissions. Your calm, reassuring nature and methodical approach to tasks will ensure patients feel safe and reassured.
- Be a Registered Nurse.
- 6 months recent relevant UK experience within the last 3 years.
General key skills
In addition to your qualifications, as a Band 5 Registered Nurse, you will have:
- Good problem solving abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop own clinical skills and widen theoretical knowledge
- Understanding of the care needs of the family
- Interest in developing teaching skills
- Team work
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise care
- Role and responsibility of the registered nurse in acute clinical environment
As a Band 5 Registered Nurse, you will:
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients in a seriously ill or unstable condition.
- Actively support emergency admissions, planned admissions and post-surgery patients and their families, communicating clinical information using a variety of methods, to ensure effective understanding.
- Safely identify, prepare, check, and assemble equipment required for the relevant operating list.
- Adhere to the NMC professional Code of Conduct.
- Take blood/fit a cannula and undertake patient observations (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and oxygen level) as patient need dictates throughout the shift.
- Write care plans, perform assessments, and make referrals.
- Organise admissions and discharges to and from the ward.
If you are a Band 5 Registered Nurse and believe you have what it takes to be a part of the outstanding nursing team, apply today.
Please call Jordan Coxon on 01785 256434 or click the apply button.