Endoscopy Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
An opportunity has arisen at the Lister Hospital for an experience Endoscopy Staff Nurse to work with our team. The ideal candidate will not only have experience within Endoscopy, but also decontamination or flexible endoscopes.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,972 - £35,169 + 4% shift enhancement and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
The role is a 37.5 hours contract working 4 / 5 days Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, on-call cover will also be included to cover weekday and weekends.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver care, facilitate safe transfers and ensure comprehensive handover for ongoing care
- Prepare and assisting in endoscopy procedures
- Prepare rooms for the day ahead – ensuring cleanliness
- Attending team briefing for patient lists
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
Skills & Experience
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- General endoscopy experience
- ERCP and therapeutic experience
- JAG Knowledge desirable