Sister/Charge Nurse Neuro Rehab
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability. Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit has 46 beds, based over 3 floors in the North Building, with a hydrotherapy pool on the ground floor and our nurse to patient ratio is 1:4.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join the Neuro-Rehab Team Adult providing effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Salary range for this role will be competitive depending on experience plus 9% shift allowance
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
- Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
- MC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in Neuro Rehab or Medical background
- Palliative and pain management skills qualification or evidence of experience
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Basic Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.