- Scrub Nurse
Post: Scrub Nurse - Guildford
Responsible to: Nurse Manager
Hours: 40 hours (5 days a week)
The scrub nurse at The Whiteley Clinic will be working in vascular surgery. The Whiteley Clinic is a private medical facility specialised in the treatment and research of varicose veins, pelvic congestion syndrome and other venous conditions.
As the UKs leading clinic for treatment of venous conditions, we have a unique opportunity for a scrub nurse to join our team of experts who put research and best practice at the heart of all that is done.
Being an internationally renowned clinic, you will need excellent organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team whilst working independently. You will become part of a vibrant, innovative company following ‘The Whiteley Clinic Protocol’.
We are looking for a scrub nurse who is committed to delivering excellent patient care and actively participating, supervising and maintaining the highest standard for patients, visitors and staff.
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be required to:
- Work within the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of The Whiteley Clinic
- Conform to the Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines including the Code of Professional Conduct and the Scope of Professional Practice
- Undertake periodic training including mandatory training to update knowledge, skills and competence
- Deliver high quality nursing care by assessment, implementation and evaluation of patients’ needs at all times
- Ensure the privacy and dignity of patients is always maintained and respected
- Scrub in theatre for the following procedures: EndoVenous Laser Ablation, Endo MicroWave Ablation, phlebectomies, veins and lesion removal, Pelvic Vein Embolisation
- Assist vein treatments such as foam sclerotherapy and micro sclerotherapy
- Manage venous ulcers according to The Whiteley Clinic approach
- Learn to use the EndoVenous Lasers available in our clinic and complete Core of Knowledge course
- Contribute to the smooth and efficient running of theatre lists, during the list, pre and post operatively, liaise with the Lead HCA and Nurse Manager
- Accurately record the operative procedure according to the direction of the TWC policies and operative register
- Ensure the patient is managed safely in all aspects of health and safety standards within the clinical areas
- Follow up on post-operative patients and manage patients concerns with direction from Nurse Manager
- Take control in the event of an emergency until senior support staff or other help arrives
- Have sound knowledge of Infection Control and ensure the policy is adhered to and accurate records are kept and associated audits
- Ensure cleanliness of clinical areas and safe disposal of all clinical waste
- Record incidents and report them to the Practice Manager
- Working within a multidisciplinary team which includes Vascular Surgeons, Sonographers, Nurses and Healthcare Assistants, Administrative staff, Practice Managers and Directors
- Have excellent communication skills and support harmonious working relationships within the clinic
- Handle all equipment correctly and maintain them in safe working order
- Take appropriate action on the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) alerts and circulate these to the Nurse Manager and the Practice Managers
- Ensure medical supplies required such as drugs and consumables are ordered, recorded, stored properly and a good stock level is maintained
- Travel to other clinics when required
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general identification of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and properties within the Department. Substantive changes in the range of work undertaken will be carried out in consultation with the job holder.
Working hours and benefits
The Whiteley Clinic in Guildford opening hours are 8.00 to 18.00 Monday to Friday to be covered on a rota basis with the other team members. One Saturday per month is required between the hours of 8.00 to 18.00 and will be on a rota basis.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum plus additional day for your birthday, including bank holidays.
After 3 months continuous employment we offer a private pension scheme and private healthcare insurance.
Travel between clinics will be reimbursed when required to travel to other locations.
Apply for Scrub Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly