HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21-day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
Working as a Theatre Manager you will be responsible for the operational management of theatres, leading on efficient session utilisation as well as delivering most efficient and effective theatre staffing structure.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
Attractive and competitive salary, which will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a highly visible leader and role model to all staff within the teams.
- To ensure theatre staff deliver high quality specialist services for planned procedures and there is an effective on call out of hours service.
- To allocate staff appropriately, utilising the skill mix to its full potential.
- To support the development of new roles and new ways of working within theatres.
- To provide strategic and operational direction to build the departmental business; plan new services and introduce new technologies as required.
- Provide a highly responsive service to consultant users.
- To manage resources to gain efficiencies across all clinical areas within the department maximizing session utilization and ensuring flexibility of staffing and expertise
- To be responsible for managing the department within an agreed annual budget including working hours and units of service, maximizing revenue recapture and cost control.
- To promote effective communication and co-operative working arrangement with other departments, in particular Wards and Imaging Departments.
- To liaise with internal and external customers and consultants. Monitor satisfaction with the service and respond accordingly.
- To ensure the working environment is of a high standard, including levels of cleanliness, to maintain safety at all times.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent IT skills, preferably to include Meditech and Manpower software
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification is desirable
- In possession of relevant formal perioperative theatre qualification
- Previous managerial experience with excellent leadership skills.
- Evidence of effective staff management with the ability to manage resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload.
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital.
- An enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage the clinical area on a day to day basis and plan ahead.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, Candidates are strongly recommended take up the opportunity for an informal visit to see the fantastic facilities and speak to some of our fantastic nurses before you apply for this role. Alternatively just proceed straight to applying and a member of our recruitment team will contact you shortly after.