Staff Nurse - ITU
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations
As a Staff Nurse in the Critical Care unit, you will be required to provide a high level of care for patients by assessing, planning, delivering and continued evaluation of care. Additionally, you will be responsible and accountable for your own practice and for ensuring the delivery of a high quality service at all times.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
Skills & Experience
A registered nurse you will have ITU experience ideally managing, Cardiothoracic, Neuro, Oncology or General intensive care patients. It is also important that you have experience of managing ventilated and non-ventilated patients independently.
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Cardiothoracic or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
About The Individual
The appointed applicant will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!