Deputy Manager - Orthopaedics
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As Deputy Manager within the Orthopaedics department at London Bridge Hospital, your role will include providing clinical management and leadership to all staff working in the department, ensuring the delivery of high standard of nursing care at all times.
Your role will also ensure that all members of the multidisciplinary team work collaboratively to assess and meet the individual needs of the patient.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice and knowledge at all times.
- Effectively prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly.
- Make efficient use of available resources in accordance to the unit budget and business objectives.
- Deputise for Clinical Manager, providing management and leadership in his/her absence.
- Promote team working to maximise effectiveness of service delivery.
- Assess, plan and evaluate care, based on the individual patient and family needs.
- Assist in audit and quality assessment procedures.
- Continually seek to develop clinical skills and delivery of care to meet service users’ expectations
- Assist with the devising, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical competencies for all levels of staff.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
• Registered Nurse Level 1
• NMC Registration and re-validation requirements
• Post Registration qualification in orthopaedic nursing or equivalent knowledge and skills - essential
• Mentoring and assessing qualification - desirable
• Demonstrable experience at Sister/Charge Nurse level
• Recent relevant post registration experience in acute surgical setting
• Competent in Phlebotomy and cannulation - essential