Staff Midwife Nights Only
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
As the Staff Midwife, you will be responsible and accountable for the provision of high quality care within the maternity setting. You will work within the midwifery team to provide antenatal, intranatal and postnatal care to all women during their in-patient stay and work alongside Obstetric Consultants colleagues to support Consultant Led Care within the maternity service.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - Nights only.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £35,673 - £40,401 (dependent on experience) + 12% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times in the provision of antenatal, intranatal and postnatal care
- Provide midwifery advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to women and their families without supervision, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team
- Work with the ward sister in the management of the clinical area. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in emergency or unforeseen situations
- Provide care throughout the maternity unit as required to meet the needs of service
- Establish effective communication and working relationships with both internal and external customers and health care professionals
- Work autonomously within guidelines and the sphere of professional practice
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in a Midwifery setting.
- NMC Registered Midwife
- Basic Adult and Newborn Life Support
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Competent at cannulation
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.