Registered Mental Health Nurse - PICU/HDU
You could join our team and receive a £5000 Golden Hello - Read below for more information.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, PICU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team. If you were successful in applying to work with us, we offer a comprehensive orientation and training programme to equip you will the knowledge and skills required to provide our patients with the highest quality of care.
With on site parking, meals provided whilst working, free use of our onsite gym and easy access to vibrant Brighton and London what's not to like…
'All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants.'
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse at Burgess Hill you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will assist and support staff in the management of our Psychiatric Intensive Care Units (PICU) and our High Dependency Units (HDU), and you will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients. In this role you will be responsible for undertaking and managing patient care, the delivery of care (both individual and group sessions), as well as participating in patient assessments, planning and evaluation. Two of the wards you will be responsible for are Wendy Orr (a male ward with 8 beds) and Helen Keller (a female ward with 12 Beds). These wards specialise with patients needing HDU care that are unable to be managed in regular acute units.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
- Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
- Competed Pre-Registration or Preceptorship
- NMC registration beneficial
- Good understanding of the Mental Health Act
- Working within a secure clinical setting, relevant to the post
- Working with PICU or inpatients is beneficial
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£1000 on joining, another £1000 after 6 month probation, and another £1000 after each year of service up to 3 years)
- Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
- Up to £2000 relocation Allowance
- Career Development through Staff Nurse Grading System
- Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career development
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare, Shopping discounts)About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual