Senior Staff Nurse Orthopaedics & General Surgery
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions.
As Senior Staff Nurse, working within our inpatients Surgical Ward, your main purpose will be to plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care whilst working within a multidisciplinary team, supervising and directing junior staff and also temporary staff. You’ll demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions and contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedures and research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Hours: 37.5hrs pw (covering long days, nights and weekends)
Salary: £36,000-£42,000 (dependent on experience) Plus 9% enhancement and HCA Benefits
If successful you will received our new Golden Hello bonus, which will see you receive an additional £2,500 in your first pay (You application will need to be received by 30th Sept to be eligible)
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Extensive experience essential , 2 yrs minimum experience in relevant area
- ENB course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
- Basic life support
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.