Senior 1 Physiotherapist - Respiratory
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
- Carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with diverse clinical presentations and complex physical and psychological needs within the acute postoperative care environment. This involves the provision of physiotherapy services within the 9 bedded adult intensive care unit and adult surgical wards alongside other members of the acute physiotherapy team.
- Work as an effective member of the acute physiotherapy team and multidisciplinary team in the development of therapy services at The Harley Street Clinic and within the HCA group.
- Provide advice, guidance and information to health care professionals, carers, relatives and other non-professionals in the management of patients.
- Implement clear, clinically reasoned and appropriate individualised treatment plans which are regularly reviewed and updated
- Participate in the weekend emergency on call rota and weekend staffing rota
- Support the physiotherapy service working flexibly across the working week.
- Be actively involved in supervision, education, evidence based practice and audit projects for the development of the physiotherapy service, The Harley Street Clinic, HCA and personal and professional clinical practice
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve the Physiotherapy service in order to provide the best patient care within the resources available.
This role is based within acute inpatient services.
Working hours 37.5 per week Monday-Friday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of your work including the management of patients in your care.
- Communicate effectively with patients & carers to ensure understanding.
- Use advanced experience and practical skills to interpret and analyse clinical and non-clinical facts to form accurate diagnosis & prognosis in a wide range of complex conditions, recommend the best intervention and develop comprehensive discharge plans.
- Accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients and organise effectively and efficiently with regard to prioritisation and use of time.
- Work with clinical service leads and head of department in implementing the operational management of the physiotherapy service in the acute care speciality
- Provide specialist advice, teaching and training to other MDT’s as required in the acute care field.
- Provide training and advice, teaching and instruction to relatives and carers as required, to promote understanding of the aims of physiotherapy and ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
- Assess capacity, gain valid informed consent and have the ability to work within a legal framework with those who lack capacity to consent.
- Be an active member of the weekend and on call emergency rotas.
- Responsible for own clinical caseload and the supervision of junior staff and their caseload where needed.
- Responsibility to follow policies and procedures, looking for improvements that could be made, and recommending/implementing same.
- Responsibility for ensuring a high standard of physiotherapy service within acute services.
Skills & Experience
- Physiotherapy degree qualification
- Post registration experience within adult cardiorespiratory and acute services.
- Previous experience within post-surgical adult cardiothoracics and general surgery desirable
- Previous post registration experience within the field of paediatrics desirable but not essential
- HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) registration
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists or equivalent is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.