Staff Nurse - Imaging
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
To provide and deliver a customer service to a world class level for our patients, visitors and consultants. As a Staff Nurse in Imaging, you will coordinate, assist in clinics and ensure the highest quality of clinical practice and patient care.
You will be working between Imaging and Main Outpatients
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week on to include early shift 8am – 4pm and late shift 12noon – 8pm and occasional weekends.
The role offers an attractive and competitive salary dependent upon skills and experience.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Require you to be responsible for your OPD area, staff and patients during the shift
- Risk Assessments
- Deputise for the Sister/Clinical Nurse Manager in their absence
- Demonstrate leadership
- The allocation of staff with the appropriate skill mix
- Participate in audits and inspections as appropriate
- Deputise for Clinical Nurse Manager holding bleep when required
- Recording and investigation of Datix
- The post holder is accountable to adhere to the NMC standards
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC pin
- Imaging and general nursing experience
- Ability to manage the clinical area
- To evaluate on going practices and implement changes as necessary to improve the standard within the department
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player, motivating and empowering junior staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of updating clinical skills/knowledge
- Proficient in Wound Care Management
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.