Support Services Manager
- Job Type
Lakeside View is a 32 bedded hospital in Willenhall that cares for patients who are 18 years and over in an acute setting.
Finch Ward - 12 bedded male acute ward
Robin Ward - 8 bedded male acute ward
Swan Ward - 8 bedded female acute ward
The aim at Lakeside View is to provide a person centred approach and therapeutic environment, which promotes collaborative care planning to optimise treatment goals. Right from the point of admission to our acute services, our aim is to support patients to be discharged safely back into the community where they can continue to progress towards recovery in a less restrictive environment.
This will be achieved by:
• Thorough assessment of individuals needs throughout admission
• Person centred collaborative treatment plans
• A range of interventions available from a diverse MDT
• Being cared for in the least restrictive environment
The acute wards on site provides patients with excellent space and facilities, including en-suite bedrooms and large living spaces furnished with activity equipment such as games consoles.
Outside of the wards, a purpose built therapy suite contains a rehabilitation kitchen for patient cooking sessions, and a sessional therapy room. The hospital is set in the centre of an extensive nature reserve, which contains an abundance of flora & fauna. The site also has areas for outside sports activity.
The clinical team at Lakeside View encourage full involvement of the service user, their family and external professionals throughout their stay. They are invited to attend Ward Reviews and CPA meetings to ensure clear communication throughout the care pathway in order to promote individuals' recovery and facilitate discharge.
In order to maximise recovery, interventions offered include a wide range of therapeutic approaches, combining psychiatric and cognitive behavioural perspectives with occupational therapy, psychology, leisure and recreational activity.
Joining as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Support Services Manager is responsible for the operation of support services for the unit including the catering, housekeeping, maintenance, administration and reception functions - ensuring that a high quality service is being provided.
• To manage and develop Support Services, ensuring that the highest quality services are provided within budget.
• Manages the maintenance of all the hospital's assets, including the building taking a lead on site for any building improvements or projects.
• Alongside Hospital Director and Regional Finance Manager, identifies budgetary needs (both operational and capital) and puts together proposals to be sent to MD ensuring that functional spends are correctly managed within agreed budgets, as well as identifying and flagging any potential overspends on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for all people issues within support services including leading, developing, recruiting and motivating all team members
• Build and maintain effective relationships with external suppliers as well as managing the activities of any contractors on site to ensure all jobs are completed in a timely manner and within budget. This will include ensuring appropriate external contractors are used to undertake repairs and not to make any repairs or alterations that would affect the safety of the workplace
• Seeks advice and guidance from Estates professionals to ensure that all improvements to assets are carried out to Priory minimum standards, as well as meeting any regulatory requirements.
• Carry out regular building checks to ensure meets quality and compliance standards.
• Provide out of hours support for emergency situations with site attendance if necessary
• Communicates and implements Priory policies and procedures, ensuring that all regulatory, health & safety and operational standards are adhered to.
• Maintain health and safety documentation as delegat