SEND Nurse (School/College)
3 days left
- Job Type
Senior SEND Nurse (School/College)
Salary: Competitive, dep on skills, qualifications and experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Type: Permanent, 52 weeks
Interview date: W/C 30th September
Here at Seashell Trust we provide residential care and education for children and young people (up to 25 years old) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism.
We are pleased to offer a new role of Lead SEND Nurse to join our Healthcare Team. This role is an opportunity for an individual looking for a challenging and dynamic role with an interest in making real change. The key responsibilities are:
- operational delivery of nursing services at the Seashell Trust in school, college, respite/short breaks and residential areas,
- responsible for the strategic development of the nursing services based on current best practise guidelines and working with a range of colleagues across residential care and education services to achieve demonstrable improvements in health for children and young people
- Coordinating and delivering training across site
- Working with colleagues in the multidisciplinary teams including therapy, education and social care both internally and externally
Experience ·Substantial SEND school / college nursing experience and collaborative decision making
- Proven experience in pre-service assessment, care pathway planning, service delivery and outcome measures.
- Experience in development and delivery of training to a range of staff
- Management of qualified and non-qualified staff
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of national and local guidance and polices related to SEND needs of children and young people
- Detailed knowledge of child protection and vulnerable adults safeguarding procedures and other relevant legislation, e.g. MCA, Safeguarding, Deprivation of Liberty and Looked After Children.
- Interest and knowledge in proactive health promotion
- Good IT skills
- Effective MDT/Multi-service/agency working
- Experience of working with children and young people with complex needs, including severe communication difficulties and challenging behaviour
- Able to prioritise work on own initiative; willingness to work flexibly in meeting the needs of students and the organisation.
- Able to handle sensitive situations, including conflict resolution skills
Education and Training
- RGN and/or RSCN with relevant Specialist Nursing Degree/Dip in School Nursing or equivalent
- Car driver with a full licence
- Ability to deliver outreach support in a variety of environments
Pension scheme, on site gym, employee assistance programme, access to physio, doggy day care/grooming service, cycle to work scheme, free parking and generous holidays!
We offer good career development opportunities with performance related pay to progress your salary depending on qualifications, training and experience.
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust is a national charity supporting children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs from across the UK. We provide care and education, for children and young people aged between 3-25 years, in our homes, at our Ofsted ‘outstanding’ school, and our SEN specialist college and through our short breaks services.
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.