Salary - £24k - £37k (Depending on experience)
Are you a registered Practice Nurse looking to work in a supportive environment?
Are you a Practice Nurse perhaps looking to progress your career?
Can you deliver consistent nursing care to patients across our practices?
If you feel that this exciting and important opportunity could be the next role for you then please do get in touch. This can be on a full or part time basis.
As Practice Nurse you will deliver general practice nursing to the whole practice population across our Medway region of Kent. You will also be supported in assessing walk in patients. As Practice Nurse you will deliver evidence-based practice for patients presenting with a long-term condition, and the provision of preventative health care to the practice population. As an autonomous practitioner the nurse is responsible for the care delivered, demonstrating critical thinking and skills in clinical decision-making in the management of patients. You will work collaboratively within the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, support the delivery of policy and procedures, and provide nurse leadership as required.
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering consistent nursing care to patients across our practices. In the role you will have a sensitive communication style and ensure all patients are fully informed and consent to treatment. You will prioritise and manage your own workload as well as produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of patient consultation.
In the role you will
- Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate treatment programmes that promote health and well-being
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition as appropriate
- Work with other health care professionals to diagnose, monitor, manage and treat long-term conditions, including non-drug-based treatment methods using a management plan, and in line with national and local policies and practice needs
- Review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols
- Work with patients in order to support adherence to prescribed treatments
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote patients to live healthily, and apply principles of self-care
- Support and manage health needs of women presenting for family planning and cervical cytology consultations
- Recognise, assess and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the NSF for Mental Health
- Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children
- Advise, support and administer vaccinations where appropriate for patients travelling abroad
- Promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients presenting with aural conditions
- Meet the needs of patients presenting for opportunistic wound care
- Assess, plan and implement care within personal experience and pro
The candidate will need to be
- Be a qualified and registered Practice Nurse
- Flexible and adaptable in your style
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised with the ability to take initiative
- Resilience, calm style and patient
- Critical thinking and decision making
At DMC we are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland.
We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single practice in Dulwich to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
This position is based within our Medway region of Kent where we run several GP practices and clinics. As a business we offer a supportive environment and are looking for people who are keen to progress their careers.
As part of the benefits package you will be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.