Staff Nurse - Outpatients
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit. The Outpatients Department services a wide range of specialities, within which the post holder will develop skills.
As the Staff Nurse in the Outpatients Department you will ensure the delivery of a quality and research-based service to our patients, their families and Consultants.
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week (Monday-Saturday)
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received
This role offers a completive salary (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Reward and recognition - We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy and advanced wound dressings
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policies and procedures
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership skills
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Provide chaperone service and assist medical staff with clinical procedures
- Undertake daily checks of equipment and report when faulty
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- Carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
- Administrative duties as required
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and meet PREP requirements
- Experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy training
- Pre-op assessment skills desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Manual Handling training
- ILS desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.