Orthopaedic/Spinal Ward Manager
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
To be a professional role model, leading and co-coordinating the floor team, taking continual responsibility and accountability for the 24 hour management and organisation of the floor. This involves managing a wide range of complex and sometimes conflicting priorities.
Provide specialist nursing advice across the hospital to support and facilitate high quality. Individualised care to patients / clients and relatives/carers in collaboration with the multi professional team, in line with hospital targets.
This a a full time role working 37.5 hours per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £46,400 - £52,000 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide clinical leadership and direction
- To deliver clinical services within budget and meeting business objectives
- To develop care standards and monitor effectiveness, actively seeking evidence based practice which will improve the quality of care and meet the patient’s needs.
- Lead the audit and QA initiatives and monitor the quality of nursing care and action audit information to achieve agreed standards and take the lead on customer care initiatives. This will include the development and utilisation of local action plans
- To promote the development of research based clinical practice
- Facilitate multi disciplinary team working through agreed objectives of the appraisal process and the development and maintenance of good working relationships
- Plan, allocate and evaluate the work of the team ensuring appropriate staffing levels and skill mix is scheduled to reflect the workload and meet the needs of the patient and workforce planning.
- Actively participate in clinical nursing practices, monitoring and evaluating clinical activity
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Post Registration qualification in Orthopaedic nursing or equivalent knowledge and skills.
- Management qualification/training
- ENB 998 or equivalent mentoring and assessing qualification
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Lifting and Handling
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.