Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse in Liverpool is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
Our staff approach their work in prisons and secure settings with professionalism and commitment that lays the foundations for improved services and recognises the dignity of the individual.We are recruiting for a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to join our team at HMP Altcourse.
GBP28,512.16 (Less than 2 years' experience)
GBP33,792.19 (More than 2 years' experience)
Full Time - 40 hours per week, including Night Shifts. Part Time hours also available.
Benefits as a Mental Health Nurse (RMN):
- Salary of GBP28,512.16 to GBP33,792.19 per annum
- Golden Hello of GBP1500* (GBP500 on starting; GBP1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a RMN:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.