Substance Misuse Specialist / Non-Medical Prescriber - HMP Durham
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Durham a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. With the high turn over, the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety. This may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness. As a member of the nursing team, you would be providing reception screening procedures, emergency response, immunisation and screening services, medication administration and medication management procedures.
We are recruiting for a Substance Misuse Specialist/ Non-Medical Prescriber to join our team.
Benefits as a Substance Misuse Specialist and Non-Medical Prescriber:
- Salary of GBP32,900 - GBP43,500 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
As a Substance Misuse Specialist/ Non-Medical Prescriber, you will be responsible for the contribution of successful and effective delivery of Substance Misuse Clinical Services to the North East Prison population.
You will work with colleagues within the North East region, ensuring the effective delivery of a Substance Misuse Clinical Services in the wider region and will work within a multi-disciplinary team in a prison setting, providing care to patients with complex substance misuse problems, from the point of entry into the prison system to re-entry into the community so that re-offending is reduced and the health and social functioning of clients is improved.
You will also ensure the provision of a health services that meets the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all level.
- Hold an Independent Nurse prescriber qualification
- Experience of managing patients with substance misuse issues - both drug and alcohol
- Proven post nursing registration experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.