Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - Bank
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
Woodland View is a 31 bedded rehabilitation and recovery service for adult males. We offer a positive environment to stabilise the symptoms of mental illness, and develop positive self-management and independent skills for a successful discharge into the community We have a dedicated Occupational Therapy service offering real working opportunities and pet therapy, amongst many other benefits within our monitored programme.
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively as a Registered Mental Health Nurse, have excellent team workings skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach.
- Evaluate situations through information obtained from patients, their families and other relevant sources; and also the patients strengths, disabilities, risks and vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with the service user to explore all of the above issues in such a way that they can increase understanding, insight and motivation and view self-management of risk as an essential part of the recovery process.
- Work collaboratively with the service user to identify early signs of deterioration in mental state and behaviour; plus any potential triggers factors which may lead to risk behaviours recurring.
- Supporting service users to develop skills to self-manage their medication through graduated self-medication programmes.
- Support users to engage/re-engage with family and friends
- Identifying service needs and using high level communication, negotiation and liaison with other stakeholders, including senior managers, commissioners, primary care, general adult, forensic and substance use services, prisons and probation services and other independent providers as appropriate to develop flexible, integrated and comprehensive services
- A relevant nursing qualification and registration
- Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
- Be recovery focused.
- Be conversant with CPA (Care Programme Approach).
- Being able to effectively manage the ward resources of a shift/daily basis
At Woodland View you will have access to following:
- Access to the gym on site
- Free meals
- Free parking
- Investment in CPD
- Clinical supervision
- Monthly staff appreciation days and much more.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways: