Clinical Development Nurse
Salary - GBP40,000 to GBP45,000 PA + Car Allowance GBP4,000 PA or company car.About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Development Nurse to join our team, supporting our care homes across the South of the UK.
Salary - GBP40,000 to GBP45,000 PA + Car Allowance GBP4,000 PA or company car.
As a Clinical Development Nurse at Maria Mallaband Care Group, you will be our ambassador for clinical standards, training and development, promoting the highest standards with our nurse management, qualified nurses, care practitioners, trainee nurse associates and carers.
You will support and develop clinical practice within the business to achieve the highest possible standards of care, clinical judgement and user involvement through training strategies. You will be part of our team, responsible for monitoring and developing staff across the business.
Key Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Promote and drive forward the Company's quality/clinical training agenda in the Business.
- Liaise with functional/departmental leads as necessary to analyse staff clinical training and development needs and formulate clinical training and development plans.
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses and maintain continuous professional development.
- Promote access to the knowledge and skills required for staff to perform their roles and duties competently, effectively and professionally.
- Develop/facilitate workshops and educational sessions.
- Using specialist knowledge monitor staff performance, identify clinical training needs and share knowledge through demonstration & instruction.
- To offer training, support and supervision across all staff groups where standards of care and support are required in line with expected clinical outcomes.
- To ensure that users and carers views are represented and integrated into practice and the clinical governance framework
- Use online training platforms to monitor progress of staff on specific training courses.
- You will be a qualified nurse (RMN/RGN/RNLD) and hold a current registration with the NMC.
- You will have a full UK driving license and be happy to travel across your region and the UK - overnight stays are a common part of this role.
- Be able to evidence up to date clinical competence in the following areas; clinical skills, venepuncture, catheterisation, tissue viability, rehabilitation, palliative and end of life, long term conditions, user involvement along with evidence of working in a team to achieve specific deliverables.
- Have experience of working within the care home sector.
- Have experience training staff and peers in a formal classroom environment, or in a hands on capacity, offering coaching and support to groups or on a one to one basis.
- Have experience as a sign off mentor for newly qualified nurses, return to practice nurses and nurse associates
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Fully funded training
- Development opportunities
- SimplyHealth cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Discounted Spa breaks
- PerkBox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and Care referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition - MMCG Care Awards
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
For further information about the role, call our recruitment line any time on .
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.