Health Care Professional - Nurse/Paramedic
Healthcare Professional (Nurse or Paramedic)
Shifts: 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off - 42 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP) in the Bridgwater area.
Benefits as a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- Salary GBP33,660 per annum
- Pension scheme, including employer contributions
- 28 days annual leave allowance
- Sick pay scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Job Requirements as a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
If unpredictable shift work and long hours are taking their toll, then consider a move into this exciting profession as a HCP (Nurse or Paramedic). Working in custody requires you to be comfortable working on your own medically and be able to collaborate with various departments, all of whom will rely on your skills and experience to create the best outcome for detainees, officers and victims of crime.
As a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP), you will:
- Attend police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody
- Carry out medical and forensic examinations
- To be available for court attendance when requested
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills for a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- HCPC Paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/ lone working role
- Recent Acute experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applicants are received.