Medical Secretary Bank
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare's Huddersfield Hospital is a fantastic place to work. We are proud to be a warm and friendly private hospital with 99.2% of patients saying they would recommend the hospital to friends and family. BMI Huddersfield Hospital has 29 beds and 2 theatres, and we provide surgery across a range of specialties including cardiology, ENT, orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology and cosmetic surgery. With a defined investment plan to grow and build a broad range of clinical services across the site this is an exciting time to be joining the Huddersfield team.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Medical Secretaries department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent qualification)
- RSA III qualification (or equivalent)
- Audio typing and shorthand.
- Member of the Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Managers, Administrators and Receptionists (or equivalent).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication/interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical terminology
- Recognised medical secretary qualification (AMSPAR) mandatory for this role
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a full professional medical secretarial service for one or more named consultants, e.g. clinic typing, organising and maintaining appointments and accounts, diary management, patient records, etc.
- To be responsible for a specific complex work area, or combination of work areas which require the management, appraising and interpretation of data/information/situations using appropriate software data systems.
- To provide a competent medical secretarial service within the Medical Secretarial Department including for example, but not exclusively, typing, word processing, audio typing, diary management, maintaining accounts and expenses, and use of the daily activity spreadsheets.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive hourly rate. Benefits for bank staff also include Accrued Holiday Pay, Nest Pension Scheme, Discounted Gym Membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our "Perks at Work" scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.