HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As the Theatre Manager at London Bridge Hospital, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the theatres including: financial, business, staffing, and governance.
You will be looking to deliver efficient and effective theatre staffing and create a one stop booking service for all the operating theatres. This role also will involve planning and working with newest services and technologies that the hospital has to offer!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the theatre team deliver high quality specialist services for planned procedures and there is an effective on call out of hours service.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to build the departmental business; plan new services and introduce new technologies as required and provide a highly responsive service to consultant users.
- Manage resources across all clinical areas within the department maximizing session utilization and ensuring flexibility of staffing and expertise.
- Take responsibility for managing the department within an agreed annual budget including working hours and units of service, maximizing revenue recapture and cost control.
- Promote effective communication and co-operative working arrangement with other departments, in particular Endoscopy, Wards and Imaging Departments.
- Devise and implement an annual service plan for the department that is clearly linked to the hospital business plan.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working in an appropriate clinical setting ideally as a Registered Practitioner and previous Leadership experience is essential for this role.
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification is desirable
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital
- The ability to effectively manage the clinical area on a day to day basis and plan ahead along with the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.