Director of Operations & Clinical Standards
Director of Operations & Clinical Standards, Asprey Healthcare Ltd
REDUCED HOURS POSITION offering 3 or 4 days per week. (Please only apply if you reside in the local area or no more than 20 miles radius of Horley RH6).
An exciting opportunity has arisen to take the operational lead as Director of Operations & Clinical Standards at a small but growing and progressive family-run business. Working jointly with the Managing Director, the role manages two modern purpose-built Surrey care homes offering frail elderly and dementia care. The successful candidate will guide and lead Asprey's Home Managers, ensuring the business is being run to the highest standards; complying with company policy, procedures and regulatory best practice.
Key criteria of the role will include
- Oversee Home occupancy levels, working closely with Home Managers in relation to promotion and marketing in order to achieve maximum occupancy.
- To oversee and ensure each Manager oversees staffing levels in accordance with departmental budgets.
- To ensure each Home is operating in accordance with:
- a) policies and procedures;
- b) requirements of the CQC & The Health & Social Care Act;
- To operate and follow systems for transfer of essential trading information from both Homes to Head Office for processing and vice versa.
- To oversee and to support the Care Home Managers and local Admin Managers in order to maximise enthusiasm and commitment and to maintain the highest standards of care within a quality environment at all times, so resulting in the smooth-running of both homes;
- To ensure that Managers maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all staffing (including NVQ and Induction training), resident and maintenance issues in both Homes;
- To make regular visits - including unannounced, usually weekly, to each Home and to complete and submit monthly Provider Reports;
- To keep the Managing Director appraised of any significant events at each Home that may affect its day-to-day operation.
- To support Managers where necessary in recruiting and inducting high-calibre senior staff into post and to carry out 3 monthly and annual appraisals of Managers and jointly appraise Deputies.
- To consider whether to authorise day-to-day expenditure or refer any requirement for large or unusual expenditure to the Executive Director.
- Work with The Financial Controller and Managing Director with proposed operational changes recommended to ensure the Company achieves it’s profitability.
- Ensure that regular in-house and Provider Quality Audits take place within the homes, care records are accurate and appropriate.
- Ensure Managers are thoroughly supervising their Home to provide the highest quality care in a way that is fully compliant with current regulations.
- To supervise Managers In implementing Quality Induction & Mandatory Training, so this is undertaken monthly and that external training is introduced as necessary.
- To ensure Managers maintain staffing levels throughout the year which reflects recent assessment of resident needs.
Asprey Healthcare is seeking an industrious, dynamic, results-orientated professional. The successful applicant should be naturally caring and approachable but also able to work well under pressure.
- Ideally we are looking for someone who has at least 10 years proven management experience and fully nurse qualified
- A full driving licence is essential
Job Type: Part-time (3 to 4 days per week)
Base Salary: £72,020pa (full time equivalent) + bonus scheme
Job Location: Mainly Horley with some travel to Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
We cannot accept CV's from areas that require more than a 20 mile radius commute of RH6 7DU.
Please email your interest / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
REGRET NO AGENCIES PLEASE.