HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) is a specialist cancer treatment centre set up by four leading consultants in 2005. We have over 80 consultants who are experienced in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer, using the latest medical developments to provide advanced treatment options. At LOC we are committed to investing in excellent people who want to be part of an organisation that is dedicated to providing the most advanced cancer care.
As PET/CT Superintendent you will facilitate the day to day management of all radiographers, technologists, and healthcare assistants in the department, their clinical effectiveness and professional development in line with department policies; ensuring that you maintain a high quality, cost effective PET/CT service with a particular emphasis on patient needs. You will also deputise for the Deputy Molecular Imaging Manager.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £46,400 - £51,557 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the service is provided on a 24-hour basis (where applicable) and that all staffing rotas including annual leave are fair and equitable and to take care that everyone feels fairly treated.
- Provide professional leadership and efficiency in the day-to-day running of the department.
- Manage all HR processes related to managing a team
- Manage the induction and participate in the education and training programs focusing on high quality imaging techniques and changing clinical need, closely linked with individual professional development.
- Liaise regularly with the Deputy Molecular Imaging Manager and the Clinical Lead over issues and to ensure that service need and service development is brought to their attention including the strategic and business planning of the service.
- Be accountable to the Deputy Molecular Imaging Manager for monitoring patient satisfaction and all complaints on a regular basis.
- Undertake other duties as and when required by the demands of the service or the Deputy Molecular Imaging Manager.
Skills & Experience
- HCPC or RCT registered
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Radiography/Medical Radiations/Nuclear Medicine
- Postgraduate qualification preferred but not essential
- Extensive experience in PET/CT is essential
- Experience in diagnostic CT is desirable
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.