Ward Manager - Female DBT specialist unit
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ward Manager to join our team!
As one of our Ward Manager's at Priory Hospital Burgess Hill, you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. The role will be based in our female personality disorder unit, specialising in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (Amy Johnson ward). Amy Johnson is our 10 bedded unit providing a specialist service which is dedicated to supporting females with personality disorders to help them manage their condition and acquire the skills to effectively manage their own emotions, be interpersonally effective and tolerate distress.
At its core, dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) allows the patient to find a balance between the opposite concepts of acceptance and change, allowing them to experience validation of their own behaviours and emotions whilst simultaneously understanding that to see a change they need to make skilled and deliberate changes.
Previous training in DBT is beneficial but not essential, as we are able to provide the necessary training.
This role involves:
• Planning and co-ordinating the quality and management of nursing care, patient care and the clinical environment
• Rota management
• Quality improvement objectives
• Participating fully with the multidisciplinary team and level 2 on-call rota requirements
• Undertaking direct patient care where necessary
• Ensuring the ward complies with statutory regulations, current legislation and meets quality standards
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of nursing resources
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
What we can give you:
• Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)
• Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
• Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)
• Career Development through Staff Nurse Grading System
• Health cash plan and Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, Shopping discounts)
• Free meals and parking on site whilst on duty
• Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
• Currently registered with the NMC
• Computer literate
• 2+ years' experience working in a supervisor position
• Working within a clinical setting, relevant to the post
• Evidence of CPD
• Experience supervising nursing staff
If you would like to learn more please get in touch with our team on 01444 231 016, or email MeganFrench2@PrioryGroup.com
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We want to invest in you and your futu