Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
About the Role
As the Case Manager, you will be responsible for assessing, planning, managing and implementing healthcare options and services which meet our member’s individual benefit plans or health needs.
Your typical day will include:
- Assessment of Members/Claimants
- Using clinical tools, you will conduct comprehensive assessment of member’s needs and eligibility to determine an approach to case resolution
- Application and/or interpretation of criteria and guidelines, case management plans, policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate administration of benefits
- Escalating quality of care issues where necessary through appropriate channels
- Utilisation of negotiation skills to secure appropriate options and services necessary to meet the member’s benefits and/or healthcare needs
What you’ll need
- Proven clinical experience as a Nurse, Band 6 and above
- Experience working within a hospital setting preferably within Accident & Emergency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Effective conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and problem solve
- Strong time management and organisation skills with an ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Accurate report writing.
- Experience of Patient assessment
- Strong clinical judgement
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 7% Company Pension
- Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
- Life Insurance
- Income protection insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years!
- We’ll help you grow by providing support for your professional development
- Fresh fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee appreciation lunches
- Social activities – we work hard but like to have fun too!
- Well-being initiatives to keep you healthy
We’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!