Senior Staff Nurse Neuro Rehab
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit on the 5th Floor at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability.
As the Senior Staff Nurse you will be responsible for acute and complex patients based on the 5th Floor, some with Spinal cord injuries.
This is a full time, permanent post, 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
The projected salary range is £36,000-£42,000 per annum dependant on Experience, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently assessing patient care requirements by monitoring and interpreting patient’s vital signs, initiating appropriate interventions and referrals and devising appropriate plan of care.
- Evaluating nursing outcomes based on assessment and analysis of nursing interventions.
- Demonstrating good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Providing patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
- Recognising and take appropriate action in emergency situations as well as deputise for senior staff nurses in their absence.
- Communicating, work effectively and collaboratively with MDT as well as contribute to the multidisciplinary audit.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with post graduate experience.
- Acute Medical, Neurological or neurological rehabilitation experience is essential
- Tracheostomy experience is highly desirable.
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative approach.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.