Clinical Nurse Manager
At HCA Healthcare Primary Care, we are specialists in corporate healthcare. We provide private GP and health screening models both for Executive levels, and for whole employee populations. We also specialise in occupational health case management, with both occupational health physician and occupational health advisor services available, and offer a wide array of nursing led services to large companies such as corporate flu vaccination campaigns.
We are specalists in the provision of health and well-being programmes for corporate clients, and seek to work with you to develop valuable wellbeing sessions and yearly programmes which are valued by employees and also leaders within your organisation. These sessions can range from consultant led talks about key health indicators, to targeted sessions on sleep, and even specialist corporate resilience training for executives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Manager to join our primary care business under HCA Healthcare. If you are currently a seasoned clinical nurse who has worked within occupational health with management responsibly or looking for a step up into a leadership role this could be an exciting role for you.
The Clinical Nurse Manager will facilitate improvements in the quality and provision of the service through collaboration between all services involved in caring for patients and act as a focus for clinical leadership ensuring that health care is proactive and progressive for patients and Corporate Clients. With significant experience at a senior clinical level, the post holder will have experience of leading a multidisciplinary team, and a strong commitment to teaching and service development.
You will be an innovator, capable of developing new practices and frameworks for patient care which focus on improving outcomes and experiences for Corporate Clients and patients.
The role is full-time 37.5 hours per week - Mon-Friday (9am-5.30pm), based in London (Liverpool Street HQ) some travel is required to our London sites around the city.
Salary (Competitive dependent on experience)
Excellent Benefits included: Private Healthcare, Pension, 25 days holiday + Bank holidays, Paid Study Leave, Discounted Season Ticket Loan, support with revalidation of NMC, training and development opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working autonomously at an advanced level taking key responsibility and accountability for effective care delivery.
- Running nurse-led clinics in collaboration with named GPs , whilst using expert skills to provide assessment, observations and clinical guidance leading to individual therapeutic treatment programmes to support self-care and improve quality of life
- To be recognised as a clinical expert in the relevant area of care, ensuring all advice and services provided are evidence-based and in line with national and local policies and guidelines
- To work a minimum of 50% of contracted hours working directly with patients
- To use advanced theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in the treatment of patients in order to develop nurse-led care initiatives that will be applicable across the disease spectrum and multi-professional
- To act as an advanced autonomous practitioner who is professionally and legally accountable and responsible for all aspects of work including decisions about treatment and management of highly complex
- To demonstrate advanced clinical reasoning and decision making and the ability to analyse highly complex facts or situations which may be conflicting and requiring appraisal of a range of
- To work closely with GPs, OHPs concerning management of
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality, risk and safety
- Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of patient consultations, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures of a standard reflective of an clinical nurse practitioner
- Deliver care according to National and local guidelines and evidence-based care.
- Analyse, synthesise and interpret the evidence base to underpin practice within the clinical area. Identify gaps in policy and develop new policy to support practice assessing the impact of policy implementation on care delivery
- Improve patient pathways and service delivery through influence and innovation
- Demonstrate continual evaluation of practice by assessing effectiveness of care delivery through self and peer review, benchmarking and formal evaluation
- Utilise the audit cycle as a means of evaluating the quality of the work of self and the team, implementing improvements where required
- Use a structured framework including root-cause analysis to manage, review and identify learning from patient complaints, clinical incidents and near-miss events
Act as a clinical leader in the delivery primary care nursing services;
- Take responsibility for own learning and performance including participating in clinical supervision and acting as a positive role model
- To provide strong clinical leadership in relation to the monitoring and management of clinical risk and ensure that protocols are in place to manage safe patient care and to ensure staff within the teams change practice
- Proven ability in motivating and inspiring others to deliver the highest quality of patient care within their field of practice.
- Undertake mentorship for junior staff, assessing competence against set standards
- Deliver formal and informal teaching initiatives for those staff caring for patients within the specialty
- Disseminate learning and information gained to other team members in order to share good practice and inform others about current and future developments
- Enlist support and influence stakeholders and decision-makers in order to bring about new developments in the provision of services
About The Indiviual
You will be a self-starter, who is an experienced clinical nurse with the ability to work within a fast pace corporate environment. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to upward manage senior stakeholders and also manage direct reports effectively in order to consistently provide a strong nursing service to the primary care offering.