Senior Registered Children’s Nurse
Nobles Recruitment Video
Are you looking for an opportunity to step away from NHS pressures and demands? To enjoy a great work-life balance and work in a role which lets you spend more time with patients?
Find what you’re looking for here on the Isle of Man!
We are looking for proactive and committed Band 6 Senior Registered Children’s Nurses to join our developing paediatric team here at Noble’s Hospital on the Isle of Man.
Why join us?
Working on the island provides an opportunity to step away from NHS pressures and demands.
Our NHS system is separate to the UK NHS, based on that in UK, but independently financed and administered within the Isle of Man.
The island has a lot to offer living here you could benefit from:
- A great work-life balance
- A relaxed way of life in a safe environment with low crime
- Fantastic lifestyle opportunities - The island has so many places where you can enjoy an outdoor lifestyle - walking, diving, sailing, mountain biking and great beaches
- Low income tax rates, maximum rate being 20%
- National Insurance Holiday Scheme - this allows relocated or returning residents to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of living or returning to the Isle of Man (refunds capped at £4,000)
At Noble's hospital, we also take pride in being able to offer a workplace that:
- Is equipped to the latest standards
- Offers brilliant training and development opportunities - We operate a well-resourced education and training centre and provide excellent opportunities for professional learning including an extensive CPD programme
- Has a great working environment - we're a close knit team who are driven to ensure we provide high quality healthcare services to the people on the island
About the role and our unit
Within the team we care for children & young people with a range of Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedic, Dental & CAMHS conditions. This will provide a great opportunity to develop your experience and skills within a supportive and inspiring environment.
Our unit consists of a 17 bedded inpatient facility with 2 HDU beds. Alongside our inpatient service, we run a Pre-Assessment Clinic for our scheduled surgical patients and operate an aero-medical transport service. For those with particular interest, there is the opportunity to become a link role practitioner and be actively involved in developing the service in your area of interest.
If you want to work in a unique clinical environment characterised by its warmth, innovation and fun, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
For this post we also offer interview expenses and a relocation package of up to £7,000 based on receipts. Subsidised accommodation and assistance with housing costs may also be available.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man visit www.locate.im
In the Department of Health and Social Care we pride ourselves on being committed, appreciative, respectful and excellent. CARE represents what we are about, what we stand for and what we value. All our recruitment, performance management and staff development are based on our CARE ethos.
Find out more and apply
For further information out the post, please see the Job Profile; alternatively contact Karen Smith on 01624 650023.
We strongly encourage you to visit us and find out more about the island, hospital and to meet our team, prior to an interview being arranged. We will pay reasonable expenses for your visit and can assist in arranging travel to the island and accommodation. If you would like to discuss this in more detail prior to your application please e-mail Karen Smith on 01624 650023 or e-mail Karen.Smith@nobles.dhss.gov.im
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file. If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.
Please note an enhanced police check with baring will be required for this post. This will be paid for by the DHSC.
Find out more about where a career in the Isle of Man Public Service could take you at hr.gov.im/careers.