Lead Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
As a Lead Scrub Practitioner, you will ensure the safety and care of patients during their stay within the department and provide clinical leadership to all nursing staff in theatres and ensure high standards of care are maintained.
Your role will include deputising for the Theatre Manager in their absence and also the co-ordination of the day to day running of the theatres, ensuring efficient use of resources.
For this role, we are seeking someone with strong experience within Orthopaedics and Omnicell
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide clinical advice on to staff and maintain an appropriate learning environment
- Co-ordinate staff and resources to meet departmental needs, within budget
- Bear responsibility for equipment being in good working order
- Ordering and safekeeping of controlled drugs
- Participate in research and clinical practice reviews
- Co-ordinate the orientation of new staff, staff development and performance review
- Act as role model, mentor and assessor to junior staff
- Participate in recruitment and selection
- Plan and facilitate in service education programmes
- Carry out risk assessment
- Monitor and maintain high standards of patient care
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 – NMC Registration
- Registered O.D.P. (NVQ III / Dip. HE)
- Extensive demonstrable experience within Theatre.
- Strong experience of working within Orthopaedics and Omnicell is highly desired.