Endoscopy Charge Nurse
7 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
London Bridge Hospital has expanded into the top four floors of the new Guy’s Cancer Centre. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
Our day surgery coverstwo floors,one for patients with local and general Anaesthetics and the other for Endoscopy, which is Jag accredited.
The Endoscopy Unit provides excellent care for patients who are in need of investigations of the digestive tract including the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon. London Bridge Hospital offers more complex procedures than any other UK private hospital and was the first private hospital in the UK to offer Endobronchial Ultrasound Service (EBUS).
As Endoscopy Sister/Charge Nurse, you will provide excellent clinical and professional leadership to a nursing team.
You will be responsible for initiating, implementing and evaluating development or change using current research, audit and experience.
Working effectively within the multidisciplinary team, you will supervise staff and deputize for the Endoscopy Manager when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and develop others to run an endoscopy list efficiently and effectively.
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice.
- Lead junior staff to work according to organisational policies and in accordance with HCA Code of Conduct.
- Supervise and support staff in delivering appropriate patient care and mentor new members of staff
- Ensure working practices follow Endoscopy national guidelines
- Lead in the improvement and maintenance of quality patient care by the use of evidence based practice.
- Initiate and participate in implementing and evaluating nationally set standards of clinical practice.
- Identify and implement, where possible, business development opportunities
- Monitor and react to work force/work load problems and maintain the efficient use of all resources including staff and procedure time
Skills & Experience
- You will have strong experience of working in a GI endoscopy unit, preferably at a senior level and you will have working knowledge of JAG/GRS Accreditation programme.
- An Associated endoscopy qualification is preferred but not essential
- Relevant courses or equivalent experience relating to the decontamination of flexible endoscopes are desired but not essential
About The Individual