Senior Theatre Practitioner
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Senior Theatre Anaesthetics Practitioner, you will be working as part of a team to ensure a high standard of care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. In addition, you will actively contribute to the establishment of good communications and relationships between staff, doctors, patients, relatives and visitors and mentor junior members of the team.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (typically 5 x 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 0700 – 2100), with participation in the on call rota.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Prepare the Anaesthetic room according to the individual needs of the patient and Anaesthetist.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Coaching and development of more junior team members
- Deal with enquiries, complaints etc. with appropriate action
- Smooth hand over and hand back at change of shift, to ensure there is no disruption in the care patients receive
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience
- Register nurse or ODP
- Current NMC/HCPC Registration
- Substantial anaesthetics experience in a range of surgical specialities
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Experience in assisting with planning and implementing of anaesthetic and peri-operative care.