Medical Secretary Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Lancaster Hospital in Lancaster has a vacancy for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Medical Secretaries department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent qualification)
- RSA III qualification (or equivalent)
- Audio typing and shorthand.
- Member of the Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Managers, Administrators and Receptionists (or equivalent).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication/interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical terminology
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a full professional medical secretarial service for one or more named consultants, e.g. clinic typing, organising and maintaining appointments and accounts, diary management, patient records, etc.
- To be responsible for a specific complex work area, or combination of work areas which require the management, appraising and interpretation of data/information/situations using appropriate software data systems.
To provide a competent medical secretarial service within the Medical Secretarial Department including for example, but not exclusively, typing, word processing, audio typing, diary management, maintaining accounts and expenses, and use of the daily activity spreadsheets.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.