Clinical Site Practitioner - Paediatrics
6 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
The Portland Hospital is renowned for its clinical excellence with our paediatric inpatients covering a variety of specialties including (but not limited to) surgical, neuro-rehab, Gastroenterology, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) and general paediatrics.
With ongoing funding, our paediatric hospitals continue to stay at the forefront of ground-breaking medical and surgical techniques and technology in the UK. Working here, you’ll receive specialist training in working with children and their families in order to provide them with support every step of the way.
The Portland Hospital for Women & Children is the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including our 10-bed intensive care unit; which is equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced respiratory and organ support.
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Paediatric Site Practitioner
Reporting to The Modern Matron, the Clinical Site Practitioner will provide leadership and clinical support to paediatric clinical areas (including in patient, day care and out patients) on a shift by shift basis.
Out of hours they will work as part of the paediatric hospital at night clinical team to ensure a timely and appropriate response to patients’ needs, in liaison with the hospital’s duty manager and RMO’s. The post holder will ensure HCA Healthcare UK's policies and protocols are adhered to, identifying shortfalls and intervening as necessary. The role delivers expert advice and will practice expanded clinical skills within the paediatric department working collaboratively with the multi professional team and liaising as appropriate with relevant consultants.
Salary: Competitive +9% shift enhancement & Benefits
Hours: Full time (37.50 hours per week-Long days/nights/weekends)
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be the lead on paediatric site management within agreed policies, protocols and procedures, liaising with the hospital duty manager and senior nursing team where necessary
- Identify gaps in policy and develop new policy to support practice.
- Co-ordinate the provision of a safe environment for patients, carers and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policy.
- Take appropriate action relating to complaints, accidents and untoward incidents, involving patients, visitors and staff.
- Provide a clinically credible paediatric nursing service, demonstrating expert knowledge and clinical skills, as the practitioner responsible for the assessment of paediatric patients’ needs and utilisation of appropriate resources to meet them, in association with the on-call paediatric RMO as part of the paediatric hospital at night team.
- Liaise with the hospital duty manager and senior nurses to utilise all beds efficiently. Identify any issues affecting bed utilisation such as staffing or infection concerns to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Provide a senior nursing response in the event of a major emergency
- Work with the named and designated nurse/doctor/midwife for safeguarding children within the hospital, ensuring that safeguarding issues are managed effectively and appropriately by the relevant agencies. The post holder will demonstrate expertise and confidence in the Safeguarding agenda and undertake annual training to level three and above.
- Facilitate optimal child centred pathways of care for children across all clinical areas, including outpatients, day case, wards, PICU, radiology, theatres etc.
- Provide a calm, supportive and problem solving approach to situations.
- Lead on the achievement of length of stay reduction and efficiency within the paediatric wards/outpatients service from a nursing perspective, and working collaboratively with the multi professional team to remove obstructions to discharge.
- Promote and display the “Positively Portland“ values: greetings, respect, teamwork, initiative, responsibility and acknowledgment”
- Monitor nursing staffing levels and skill mix out of hours and liaise with ward sisters to ensure safe and efficient staffing levels at all times. T
- Inform ward sisters of any staffing issues highlighted out of hours (sickness, non-attendance at work, performance issues.)
- Liaise with the Bank Office out of hours regarding booking of shifts as appropriate and changes to be made to MAPS rotas/ workforce planning tool in relation to bank/ substantive staff.
Skills & Experience
- MC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support.
- Experience of delivering advanced practice/patient assessment
- Level 3 safeguarding training undertaken within the last 12 months
- Ability to lead a team
- Organisation and management skills.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Band 6 or Band 7 nurse looking to get some exposure to management/leadership and make the next step in their career
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.