Registered Nurse - Stroke - Band 5 (Experienced and Newly Qualified)
- Job Type
Thrombectomy service at North Bristol NHS Trust
So, you’re eager to learn more about stroke nursing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- We lead the West of England’s specialised thrombectomy centre, a life-saving procedure which reverses the effects of severe strokes. We receive national investment, extra staff training, and are currently the third busiest service in the country.
- Our video telemetry service equips our nurses with the investigation and results they need to explore treatment pathways for intractable epilepsy. Our ability to locate where seizures originate, monitor EEG activity in the brain, and track seizure patterns means we welcome patients from across the region.
- Our nurses are involved in the holistic treatment of their patients through our assessment unit. We offer a named therapist, an individualised treatment plan, and therapy sessions at beside or within our therapy rooms and gym.
- Our nurses are supported to progress their career within neurosciences. Within our bespoke rotations, nurses can move across the division or across the trust, and experienced nurses have the opportunity to complete University accredited specialist stroke courses.
- Our unit prioritises mentoring initiatives, with an in-ward preceptorship programme and a wider preceptorship across the trust. Our nurses have progressed to leadership positions, specialist neuroscience nursing roles, and advanced practitioner professions.
But it’s not just our stroke unit which is impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and wellbeing initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- Our nurses don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations. We also support internal transfers for those who wish to gain experience in a new specialty or further develop their skills.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people.
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales.
Right, that’s enough about us. Let’s focus on you. Are you…
- A registered nurse eager to channel your experience into a new and exciting role?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structured preceptorship and (something about inspirational team)?
- An experienced nurse with the passion and talent to progress clinically and professionally?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram)
Are you a Newly Qualifying or Registered Nurse looking to find out more about our Thrombectomy Service? Check out our upcoming ‘Advances in Stroke Nursing Practice’ study day taking place on 8th August 2019 – find out more HERE.
Apply for Registered Nurse - Stroke - Band 5 (Experienced and Newly Qualified)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly