Staff Nurse - Haematology
1 day left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be providing care for Haematology patients from diagnosis, collaborative treatment planning, chronic pain control, to integration into the community and end of life care.
This rewarding and yet challenging role allows empathic and caring nursing to utilise the full range of nursing skills from diagnosis support, patient and relative education, administering chemotherapy and treating all illness related symptoms, medically, physically, emotionally and mentally.
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31972 - £35169 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% enhancement.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Sister/Charge Nurse your role as a Staff Nurse is to treat all patients in their private room environment with dignity and respect, focusing on making a difference by offering
individualised and one-on-one patient care and comfort to them and their relatives.
- Assess, plan, deliver, evaluate and implement the highest of nursing standards
- Work in a highly experienced and specialist multi-disciplinary team, alongside leading specialist
nurses and world class consultants
- Utilise and work with all support services internally and build strong relationships with your patient and your support team, closely monitor conditions of patients and report any concerns as necessary.
- Administer Chemotherapy if qualified, conduct patient teaching, managing their illness and
accurately document all patient records onto the computerised systems.
- Adhere to all patient safety standard operating procedures, codes of conduct in line with NMC and Clinical Governance policies.
- Take part in ward audits and contribute to the ongoing research based care and other practice
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- Experience in the field of Haematology
- Chemo trained is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills who utilizes an emphatic and caring approach to patients whose
- diagnosis and treatment are often painful and life-threatening.
- Supportive team player who is flexible to the needs of the department and willing to progress and continuously develop.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.