Outpatients Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care
Working within our outpatients paediatric departments will keep you challenged and will give you the opportunity to develop your existing skills. Our outpatient paediatric services are primarily available at The Portland Hospital for Women & Children and The Harley Street Clinic with outpatient services available at several of our other facilities.
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
With ongoing funding, our paediatric hospitals continue to stay at the forefront of ground-breaking medical and surgical techniques and technology in the UK. Working here, you’ll receive specialist training in working with children and their families in order to provide them with support every step of the way.
We are currently recruiting for Outpatients Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse
As a Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse working within one of our outpatient departments you will provide clinical leadership and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families. You will be undertaking delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse and working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including days and occasional weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £36,000 - £42,119 (Dependent on experience & Skills) + 4% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse
- Co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
- Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses, and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training.
- Ensure that tailored care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child / RSCN) with immediate paediatric life support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.