Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures with minimal supervision. In addition to this, you will also actively contribute to the maintenance of an environment that is conducive to the delivery and promotion of a high standard of patient care.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (rotational day shifts, Mon-Sun), with participation in the on call rota.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £33,037 - £36,708 (with a 4% Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse or ODP
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ideally experience in Scrubbing for Ortho, Cardiac or Urology
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.