£Competitive + excellent benefits
Be a Nurse
Here at Bupa care homes, we believe it’s our privilege to look after people. It’s why we value our Nurses. It’s why we look after you. And, it’s why we make sure you feel appreciated for all the hard work you do. So, if you’re passionate about providing the very best care, bring your clinical expertise to one of our care homes - in a role that is both hugely rewarding and offers real autonomy to practice.
What you’ll be doing
In this diverse role, you'll lead, motivate and generally bring out the best in your team. Offering clinical guidance and training to your colleagues, you'll ensure they're equipped and inspired to deliver the very highest standards of care.
That care starts with the detailed assessments and the individualised plans you'll complete and develop for each resident – ensuring that not only are their physical needs met, but their emotional well-being is supported, and their social needs are too.
On a practical level, you'll ensure our working practices are safe and conform to all the relevant regulations and legislative standards. But like every member of the team, you'll know that providing great care means constantly looking beyond the established way of doing things for opportunities to do things even better.
As an organisation, we're focused on continuous improvement. And that's something we'll expect you to strive for as well. Not least because, doing the job you do, you'll be perfectly placed to suggest the kind of changes that would have the most positive and profound impact on our residents' lives.
What you’ll need
- A passion for caring for the elderly and infirm, and for helping people maintain their dignity and independence
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes
- A clear understanding of NMC Codes of Conduct and a genuine commitment to expanding your professional expertise
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
- RN status and a valid NMC PIN
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and continuous CPD
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- NMC annual pin payment covered
- Smile Everyday - a health and well being package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online well being tools
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Free Uniform
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
- Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Child care vouchers
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- 20 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Refer a friend payments of up to £1000
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It’s why we inspire and support our employees to put our residents’ well being at the heart of everything they do.