Senior Staff Nurse - Orthopaedics & Spinal Surgery Unit
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse (Band 5 or 6 equivalent) to join our Orthopaedics & Spinal Unit, based at The London Clinic in Central London (W1G 6BW).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres.
Our Orthopaedics & Spinal Unit is located on 6th floor of the main building, conveniently adjacent to the physiotherapy and hydrotherapy department. The ward has 20 beds and our specialist team’s work together to provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of Orthopaedics & Spinal conditions.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Long Days; Shifts are 7:45am to 8:15pm (2 days on / 2 days off, including alternate Weekends).
- Salary: The attractive salary range for this role is £35,715 - £40,008 (Inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for individualised patient care of the highest standard.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, and deputising for Sister / Charge Nurses in their absence.
- Promote research based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit where appropriate.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records & promote safe practice and professional conduct.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience of working in an acute surgical ward environment.
- Orthopaedics and/or Spinal experience would be desirable but not essential, as open to surgical nurses looking to specialise.
- Demonstrate high standards of clinical practice, with strong communication & organisational skills.
- Forward thinking and focused on a research-based practice, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in order to meet the demands of the department.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.