Quality and Risk Manager
HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
As Quality and Risk Manager, you will have an integral role within the Clinical Governance team by working closely with stakeholders and supporting the clinical teams in identifying areas for improvement and developing robust systems, processes and programs that will lead to the delivery of exceptional care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implementation and monitoring of the Audit Programme including working with Heads of Department (HoD) to develop robust action plans that provide improvements to care and service delivered.
- To be the site lead and link with HCA UK for audit, sharing best practice across sites.
- Under the direction of the Head of Governance and Risk, act as the site lead for compliance including being the main liaison for all national audits, accreditation processes and CQC and CHKS inspections.
- Work with the HCA UK Corporate Clinical Services Department and local Heads of Departments (HoD) to ensure a standardised approach to CQC inspection compliance is maintained
- Development, implementation and monitoring of a robust NICE Guidance programme to ensure that guidance is assessed and practice/policy is in line with best practice. Including maintenance of audit trail of gap analysis and changes to practice
- Support the Governance Team with validation of data and maintenance of databases
- Expert user of auditing tool and training local staff
- Act as the Policy Controller and direct the policy reviewer where needed
- Assist the Head of Governance and Risk with ensuring governance committee structures are in place and adhered too
- Facilitate internal communication with all stakeholders and staff
- To create and present reports to relevant Hospital committees and staff when required
- Responsibility for overseeing and implementing risk management processes, strategies and system across the organisation to maintain and develop the organisational, committee and corporate risk registers
- Oversight of the system for risk assessment and risk management, to deliver effective organisational risk registers whilst facilitating local ownership and accountability.
- Ensuring that risk registers are reviewed by the appropriate governance forum in line with the appropriate timeframes/cycle of business
Skills & Experience
- Current and relevant experience in working with clinical governance
- A Clinical Nursing background is essential for this role.
- Experience of accreditation and inspection processes
- Knowledge of the governance and UK legislative framework
- Excellent working knowledge of a variety of IT systems – Excel, Meditech and Datix
About The Individual