Surgical Ward Manager
The post holder will provide nursing leadership and direction for all nursing staff across the service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise on all matters relating to professional nursing issues
The post holder will provide clinical leadership which inspires, motivates and empowers nurses within the service and is responsible for effectively managing the financial resources, ensuring the optimal deployment of the nursing workforce to ensure high-quality patient care is delivered and monitored. This will require the post holder to contribute to corporate initiatives and plans, particularly in respect of changes in patient care, delivery and quality
In collaboration with the Deputy Chief Nursing Officer the post holder will be involved in the planning and implementation of developments relating to nursing throughout the hospital. This will require the post holder to promote professionalism among nurses and play a full role, participating in, and in some cases leading, nursing initiatives requested by or on behalf of the Deputy Chief Nursing Officer.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to the Ward Sisters to promote and enable effective change management and strengthen leadership skills
- Act as a role model for nurses in the designated clinical area, promoting and demonstrating the standards of care and behaviour expected at all times, exhibiting high standards of professional behaviour and promotes and maintains an evidence based practice culture for nursing staff including wide dissemination of evidence
- Provide effective nursing and managerial input into operational and strategic issues including the development and implementation of strategy and policy, which ensures that objectives are achieved within agreed timetables
- Provide effective line management to Sisters within the service and through them ensure that all nursing staff within the service are appropriately managed, ensuring that associated financial resources are controlled and utilised effectively, demonstrating value for money and high quality patient care
- Participate in the formulation and monitoring of annual nursing workforce plans, ensuring integration with the business planning cycle, and the optimal deployment of the nursing workforce
- Participate in annual review of nursing roles so that new and expanded responsibilities are developed where appropriate and skill-mix changes implemented as required
- Participate in the rota for senior nurses, supervise duty rotas or alter planned rotas to ensure maximum service delivery, standards of patient care and human and resource management
- Promote the correct use of Facility scheduler
- On behalf of the Deputy CNO and CNO support, lead nursing initiatives as requested
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse
- Current NMC registration
- Appropriate Leadership/Management qualification
- ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Extensive years of experience in a senior position
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Immediate Life Support
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.