Matron - Scheduled Care
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21-day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The Matron-Scheduled Care will act as a role model, leading by example to ensure strong clinical leadership with authority to change practice and improve care for patients and families.
Be responsible for driving excellent standards of patient care and developing nursing practice in response to local need.
Set and monitor standards for clinical practice and patient care and ensure teams have the right skills to deliver a high quality service.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
Attractive and competitive salary, which will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days annual leave ; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead the provision of quality care across scheduled services by ensuring adequate resource utilisation and management of clinical performance.
- Support site management team in delivering operational services across all sites
- Provide assurance of excellence in care provision through audit, analysis and triangulation of relevant, appropriate data
- To line manage staff and designated teams on a daily basis, being responsible for the implementation and adherence to appropriate human resource policies.
- To take responsibility for the process of recruitment of clinical staff in designated areas.
- To ensure a child protection environment is maintained at all times.
- To promote an environment in which a team philosophy is encouraged.
- To remain updated with all mandatory requirements as indicated by the organisation.
- To maintain clear communication links with all users of the service
- Act promptly to support and sustain the highest quality of patient experience
- Ensure all staff within designated teams have a personal development plan following individual appraisal. Match personal development plans to the needs of the service and ensure that the service has the necessary staff in place with the right skills.
- Act as a role model, leading by example to ensure strong clinical leadership with authority to change practice and improve care for patients and families.
- Be responsible for driving excellent standards of patient care and developing nursing practice in response to local need.
- Set and monitor standards for clinical practice and patient care and ensure teams have the right skills to deliver a high quality service.
- Work with the Infection Control team to prevent and control healthcare-acquired infections.
- Lead incident and complaint investigations where necessary and share lessons learned
Skills & Experience
- Registered nurse Level 1
- Valid NMC registration
- Up to date professional portfolio
- Relevant experience within scheduled care services/departments ie Surgery / OPD/ Interventional Radiology services
- Evidence of research based practice implemented and managed effectively
- Awareness of Child Protection issues
- Management qualification/training
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.