Gynaecology Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
Our Paediatric wards hold 56 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity and complex nature of the children who are admitted to our hospital. The Portland Hospital has a large number of international Paediatric patients, often funded by relevant embassies.
The Portland Hospital is the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK. The hospital provides for both consultant-led and midwifery-led deliveries, having an 18 bedded ward to facilitate this. Alongside this there is a 12 bedded Gynaecology and Women’s Health in-patient ward. The Portland Hospital also has a large outpatient department for all areas of its clinical expertise, to facilitate continuous care or simpler procedures.
We are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse in our Gynaecology ward
The position of Staff Nurse within the Gynaecology ward will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Unit. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the Gynaecology and Women's Health in patient Team.
Hours: 37.5 p/w (long days,nights & weekends)
Salary range for this role is £32,000- £36,708 per annum dependent on experience plus 9% shift allowance & Benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
- Proven Surgical experience, Gynae experience desirable
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Phlebotomy training desirable.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.