Bank Mental Health Support Worker
Then we'd love to hear from you! Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself, but our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.The Role
As a Bank Mental Health Support Worker, you'll have a challenging but fulfilling job. Working with young people in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) service, you'll provide them with personalised care and create a calm, safe living environment.
For young people with complex, challenging needs, the level of care must go above and beyond. To help you succeed in your role we'll give you comprehensive training to help you do your best. As the position is Bank you'll be working flexibility, offered shifts as and when they become available. Our shifts are 12 hours in length and span across days, nights and weekends - we'd be looking for you to work at least 1 shift a week with us.
You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people. It is also important that you work well in a team as you will work alongside qualified nurses and staff from other professions.
What we'd like from you:
- Previous experience within a healthcare setting preferable (experience working with young people & mental health would be a bonus)
- An understanding of mental health
- Great communication skills
- Reliability & trustworthy
- A willingness to learn
- Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
- Comfortable working within a skilled team environment
What we'd like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Access to our excellent learning and development resources
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
'All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants.'The Hospital
Located in Blandford Forum, Dorset, Priory Hospital Blandford is a specialist 12 bed Tier 4 CAMHS Learning Disabilities service.
The hospital is a mixed gender, 12-bedded service with an Ofsted-registered school, which supports the young people with their educational needs. The accommodation at Priory Hospital Blandford provides single en-suite rooms for young people between the ages of 12 -18 who have a Learning Disability and Mental Health diagnosis. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and lead and develop this specialist service.
We aim to provide young people with the best care and support possible, in the least restrictive way, adhering to the values and principles of positive behaviour support (PBS).
Our CAMHS learning disability offering aims to provide the young people in our care with:
- Expert, individualised care in a safe and highly supportive setting
- Clear, effective treatment pathways with planned discharge goals from the point of admission
- A Care Programme Approach (CPA) that fully involves the patient and their families/carers
- Strong links with educational and community agencies, enabling patients to maximise their life opportunities
- Outcome-driven and evidence-based interventions and care plans, flexible to individuals' needs
- Access to a wide range of psychological therapies
- A highly-skilled multidisciplinary team
- High staffing ratios
Our teams work closely and collaboratively with referrers and commissioners and this multi-agency approach helps with the transition out of the service.We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.